martes, 17 de noviembre de 2009

Today I`m going to be a bit selfish because I`ll write about something I like only:




In short, the news is about the top 50 albums of the last decade, and the top #1 is the band that was once my favorite: The Strokes

The first album "Is this it" won the first place of the NME's ranking of albums of the decade. The second place belongs to "Up the bracket" of The Libertines.

I wanted to talk about this because I got happy when I read it in Guardian.co.uk and I remembered about three years ago when I was in the school and I had a band with some friends and played their songs a lot. When they came to Chile, we did some moves with people so we could go to the hotel to meet them, and they were so kind and nice and everything that we loved them much more than before. Me and my friends really enjoyed those times.

I remember too that in the early 2000s people said that rock was dead. The world of music was full of electronic interventions, such as a lot of techno, hip hop and pop too, all with technological mixes, and rock music was in its time of aggro and metal tronic music, that I, at least, found it boring. The Strokes went back to the esence of rock with their music inspired of the sounds of the early 70s but giving it a total new view of the contemporary age. The result was very good, but in my opinion, this was a type of music that wasn`t very common, and as any change, is difficult to be accepted at a first impression, therefor it was people that dislike this music by it simple compositions and with a touch of nonchalance, without being depressive, maybe the feeling of the world in that time, but it was music that made a whole new view for creating new styles that developed from this ingenious band.

Nowadays, each member of The Strokes is working on different projects, but they are going to keep making music together.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario