viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2009

Blog # 7: About presidential elections

I`m inscribed since the past elections (to choose a mayor), and also to be more ready to vote for a president, because in that time I got a civic fever, actually. Nowadays, I regret a little sometimes, because i don't believe completely in any of the candidates, but the most part of the time I`m happy anyway for having opinion in my country, and vote, in mi opinion, for the better (but not the best). Like the saying "In a blind persons' country, the one with only an eye is the king".

So now that I`m going to vote, I`ve been more worried than the rest of elections about debates, propaganda and politics in general, but I`ve always though that pamphlets, the shows on TV before the news and speeches for themselves aren't useful at all. The information dissapears and politicians only try to get along and cause a good impression in the people by being charismatic and nice in the videos that they show us, wich is like a joke. So therefor, the plan of goverment goes unnoticed. I think that in those cases politicians spend a very lot of money for nothing, and what it's worse, It's something so persuasive that people believe it and finally they vote in many cases for the person with the best campaign, instead of what they and the country really need.
But we have to be careful too with what politicians say, because I think that the fifty percent is just to have more votes, like Frei telling us that he is going to be like Allende`s goverment, and Arrate saying that is going to lower the cost of all water to help poor people, when that finally would be a benefit for rich people, because they use more water than poor and they will not pay for it too, and being low a scanty resource, it's going to waste with no reason.

I would not like to participate in politics in the future, like in a party or something like that, because I'm not feeling represented with one party in special, and people is very corrupt in those circles. Maybe there are few that start entering in parties to make good for the country, but I think that in the most of the cases, the power make them opportunists of people and they stay in for the quick and easy money from the state.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario