viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2009

A review of this year

With the passage of time, one thing that I have noticed is that in all of the experiences, no matter what, nothing is what you were expected at a first time. There is always an event or just a little detail that is going to happen to you to get finally to your predestined destination. And that was exactly what happened to me when I have a review of this year, although not in a bad way, but in a different way that maybe I can answer to me too at the end of this text, because I though about it before but not so deeply.

At the beginning of the year, in the academic way, I had different plans than those that I have now. First of all, I was going to enter in another workshop, but I finally could not, so I applied for another which I did not know at all. I do not deny that I wanted to go to the previous one, because I liked their working program, but once I was inside of my new, but unknown to me, workshop, I realized that it was for me. I liked the program even more, I got along with teachers and the majority of my companions and I was freer to express my own concepts in the canvas, so I was happy with that.
In terms of my own production, I think I`m satisfied with what I have done. Now that it is the second year of the career, we have to think more by ourselves to make our own projects with our ideas, andI like that a lot. In my opinion, we need to reinforce this, because to me, a good piece of work has 50% technique and 50% concept, and that can be maybe our “Achilles’ heel”, by our lack of confidence.
In what respect to mistakes, I have to say that I was a bit lazy, plus the fact that I work slow. Even though this cannot give me many problems as long as I work well, at least I have the knowledge of what I have to improve to have better results next year.

In brief, it is reasonable to say that this was a good year, better than last year, so I am glad. The reason I mentioned that fate takes part of this, is because something similar happened when I applied to this career: I was about to study another thing, but finally I choose arts and until this day I am very happy for my last hour decision. For that I can say that both the conditions that surrounded me and my achievements by my own decisions made this a great academic and personal year.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario