miércoles, 11 de noviembre de 2009

Correcting a classmate's posting

Well, the posting that I choose to correct is this following text:


¨the news that i choose, is about a photographer who makes a study of the polaroid photos. we could say he talks about the magic who has that photos. it turn refers to his model, the person whom he takes the picture.he says that the attitude of the model to pose, makes it look that doesn`t require much production, to take a good picture, to capture the moment, disposition only.he talks about the difference that is created respect to the digital photos, which can be errased or modified, a polaroid photo captures a moment and let it embodied.....maybe you can capture intermediate moments, in which one are not posing for the photo.about he regrets, is that we dont use it very often, also argues, is that is not used for meaningful purposes. He loves the format, but he feels it is a waste, the lack of importance to it.basically, i didint choose just something in my special field, but i interested in photography and i also work with it often.I think it is quite right when he talks about the moments that do not move back or change, and that moment is special...soemtimes we think that to take a good photo, we need a some kindof preparation or setting...but the spontaneous and unexpected is an element to, interesting in the area of arts in which i use.

And my correction, according to my knowledge (which I do not know really if they are a hundred percent well) would be this:

¨the news that i choose, is about a photographer who makes a study of __ polaroid photos. We can say he talks about the magic that have those photos. It turn refers to his model, the person whom he takes the picture. He says that the attitude of the model to pose makes it look that doesn`t require too much production to take a good picture, to capture the moment, disposition only. He talks about the difference that is created respect to __ digital photos, which can be erased or modified. A polaroid photo captures a moment and let it embodied.....maybe you can capture intermediate moments, in which one are not posing for the photo. About his regrets, is that we dont use it very often, also argues, is that is not used for meaningful purposes. He loves the format, but he feels it is a waste of ... , the lack of importance to it.
Basically, i didn`t choose just something in my special field, but I`m interested in photography and I also work with it often. I think it is quite right when he talks about the moments that do not move back or change, and that moment is special... sometimes we think that to take a good photo, we need a some kind of preparation or setting... but spontaneity and unexpected things are an element (that I find) interesting in the area of arts in which i can use it for.

Of this exercise I can say that i could noticed some mistakes in Kamille`s writing wich are most of all about draft and punctuation, I think that is because maybe she sees blogs more like a way of expression over formal writing, so she doesn`t worry by writing well in terms of structure, she just worry about say what the blog ask you to do. I`m sure that if Kamille want it she could be fix those mistakes without difficulty.
Another mistake that I noticed happends with a lot of students I think, including me. We often forget many conectors that make phrases sound good in english, because we don`t know yet completely how to tell well many sentences, although we can make people to understand us in english. In my case too, I think that I`m more worried by vocabulary than grammar, I don`t know if another students as well.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario